How to Get to BRAN from Bucharest
BY CAR: The drive to Bran is about 2 1/2 hours.
1. Go north from Bucharest on Rte 1 (direction of Otopeni Airport) towards Ploesti - 50 miles away
2. Continue towards Sinaia (location of the Royal Peles and Pelisor castles) until you reach the town of Azuga
3. A few miles later after crossing a large curved concrete train overpass, turn left onto Route 73A and go about 12 miles (21 km) to Rasnov
4. Turn south at the intersection to Bran about 7 miles away (12 km) and at the small but busy town center ask for instructions or call the Innkeeper.
1. Follow less crowded rural roads (well paved) via Rt 7 and 71 to Targoviste.
2. Then Rt 72A north through picturesque fruit valleys until it reaches Rt 73 at a large cement factory.
3. Turn northward on Rt 73 through Rucar and the scenic Fundata mountain pass until you reach the south side of Bran.
FOR LOCATION OF THE INN ON BALABAN CLICK HERE FOR MAP OF BRAN
All major airlines provide scheduled service to Bucharest. Sibiu, Cluj-Napoca, Targu Mures airports offer international and regional services within similar proximity to Bran.
Low-cost flight options
Carpatair - www.carpatair.com
Wizzair - www.wizzair.com
Blueair - www.blueair-web.com/index.php?LANG=EN
SkyEurope - www.skyeurope.com
MyAir - www.myair.com
GermanWings - www.germanwings.com
Travel Transylvania by 'Axis Mundi': GUIDED ITINERARIES
Check Recommended Romania Lodgings: HOTELS OF TRADITION
No referral remuneration is received from any single named hotels; the selection is solely ours
NOTE: These Romanian travel websites are owned and managed by
Kogainon Films (Boston, Massachusetts) in partnership with BtF-Bran, srl (Bran, Romania)