How to Get to BRAN from Bucharest
BY CAR: The drive to Bran is about 2 1/2 hours.
1. Go north from Bucharest on Rte 1 (direction of Otopeni Airport) towards Ploesti - 50 miles away
2. Continue towards Sinaia (location of the Royal Peles and Pelisor castles) until you reach the town of Azuga
3. A few miles later after crossing a large curved concrete train overpass, turn left onto Route 73A and go about 12 miles (21 km) to Rasnov
4. Turn south at the intersection to Bran about 7 miles away (12 km) and at the small but busy town center ask for instructions or call the Innkeeper.
1. Follow less crowded rural roads (well paved) via Rt 7 and 71 to Targoviste.
2. Then Rt 72A north through picturesque fruit valleys until it reaches Rt 73 at a large cement factory.
3. Turn northward on Rt 73 through Rucar and the scenic Fundata mountain pass until you reach the south side of Bran.